CII National Award For Food Safety
The CII Food Safety Award Program comprises the CII Food Safety Model Assessor Training programs in various regions. Only CII Trained Assessors from the fraternity of Food Professionals and practicing managers are selected as Assessors. Besides external recognition, this Annual Award program helps Manufacturing and Food Service organisations and their Supplier base upgrade their units to world class levels of food safety):
The Award was launched for the first time in India in 2010. Under the able guidance of the CII Expert Group on Food Safety and Quality, the Food Safety Assessment Model has been upgraded to 2011 revisions It now encompasses social and improvement initiatives besides sector specific Good Manufacturing practices & Management of Food Safety Systems . The Food Safety Systems are drawn from GFSI recognised FS 22000 standards, Codex Codes of Practices and the new Food Safety and Standards Act 2006, Schedule 4 and other examples of best practices.
This Award program is open to Large, Medium and Small & Micro Scale Food Manufacturing units, Hotels, Restaurants and Retail outlets dealing with Food Products
How would Applicants benefit?
Participating in the Food Safety Award program would help organizations to compete in the local and global market through its manifold benefits, including:
- Developing capability as the Global Supplier
- Receiving an external perspective on the organizations food safety practices, systems and performances and various initiatives. CII Assessors would comprise a select group of Food Safety and Quality professionals from the Industry and reputed Food related Institutions who have received wide exposure to global food safety standards and are trained by CII on the Award Model.
- Providing insight on the gaps for organizations to upgrade their roadmaps related to food safety & various improvement initiatives in a sustainable manner, based on national and international standards & guidelines and customized for the various sectors and sizes
- Helping compare with best in class
- Providing an opportunity for national recognition